Features SAS Visual Analytics
- Web-based, interactive data exploration mode suits the needs of all types of users.
- Autocharting automatically chooses the graph best-suited to display the selected data.
- Geographical map views provide a quick understanding of geospatial data.
- Choropleth maps make it easy to visualize measurement variances over a geographical area.
- “What does it mean” capabilities automatically identify and explain the relationships between variables.
- Exploration capabilities are available for in-memory server data sources.
- Graphical skins can be applied for 3-D appearance and light effects on visuals.
- Compelling visuals include box plots, heat maps, animated bubble charts and more.
- The toggle feature displays grid lines and lets you adjust axes to optimize viewing.
- Queries can be changed by selecting items to be displayed from a sidebar or by dynamic filtering and grouping.
- A resizable overview bar lets you visually subset a portion of data sets with many records (high cardinality).
- New forecasting capabilities help you explore data to find out what might happen in the future.
- Thumbnails of recent and favorite items can be viewed.
- In-memory server provides fast data analysis.
- Data can be easily queried from a seamless set of viewing modes.
- Multidimensional data can be sliced and diced by applying filters on any level of a hierarchy.
- Drillable hierarchies include expandable and collapsible levels.
- Viewable descriptive statistics, such as min, max and mean, provide an overall sense of a particular measure.
- New measures can be calculated and added to any view.
- Forecasts can be generated on the fly with forecasting confidence intervals included.
- The most appropriate forecasting algorithm for specific data is automatically selected.
- Using scenario analysis, see how the forecast would be affected by changing different variables.
- Ability to interactively generate decision trees to graphically depict likely outcomes. An expert level allows you to modify certain influencing parameters for the tree generation.
- One-click ability to create time-period based calculations.
- Custom binning and grouping (based on custom categories).
- Text analysis, including content categorization.
- Network diagrams with the ability to display networks across a map, including ESRI maps.
- Integration with ESRI mapping technology.
- View can be saved as report packages to share with other advanced data exploration users in Web reports, images or SAS mobile apps.
- Web-based, interactive report-building interface is provided for report authors.
- Data acquisition wizard is available for previewing, filtering or sampling data prior to creating visualizations or reports.
- Data can be loaded into SAS LASR Analytic Server from within the report design interface.
- Precision layout capabilities provide flexibility in report layout and design. Stack or group items, use send-to-back or bring-to-the-front capabilities, and more.
- Custom graph templates and mashups.
- On-the-fly hierarchies can be created to add drill-down capabilities to visualizations and reports.
- You have the ability to select predefined filters, set groupings and sorting, and override default formatting.
- Custom calculations and progressive filters are easily created.
- A variety of charts are included: bar/3-D bar with multiple lines, pie/3-D pie, line, scatter, heat map, bubble, animated bubble, and tile – all of which allow annotated reference lines to be added.
- Integration with ESRI mapping technology.
- Filtering and selection capabilities can be added to reports with easy-to-integrate common action elements such as radio buttons, drop-down/combination boxes, check boxes and sliders.
- Range-based or threshold-based alerts let people subscribe to reports and receive notices when a report changes.
- Guest mode for viewing explorations, reports and dashboards without requiring a login ID or password.
- Seamless integration with SAS Office Analytics and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office lets users open reports from their Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability for recipients to add consolidated comments to a report. Mobile users, Microsoft Office users and Web users can all share and view comments in a central location. Comments stay with the reports so everyone can see them.
- Native iPad and Android support uses the most popular gestures and capabilities, including zoom, swipe, etc., to optimize ease of use and user engagement.
- Flexible layouts let you create content tailored to different business needs.
- Link indicators enable data brushing as defined while creating reports. A selection in one indicator is applied as a filter or selection in the related indicator(s).
- Reports can be viewed securely on mobile devices either online or offline.
- New collaboration support includes the ability to annotate, share and email reports to others.
- Screenshots can be captured and comments shared with others.
- Alerts are sent to mobile devices when reports are updated.
- Integration with third-party vendors, such as Good Technologies and Mocana, provides mobile device management.
High-performance in-memory analytic server
- Uses in-memory analytics to quickly conduct exploration and analysis.
- Designed to run in a single-server mode for smaller organizations and departments.
- Optimized for distributed environments to use the parallel processing capabilities of many nodes to scale as your organization and data grow.
- Integration with Hadoop for performance optimization and scalability.
- Can be used on commodity hardware, on database appliances or in a cloud.
- Easy-to-use Web-based interface for IT administration.
- SAS information assets, including users, servers and data, are easily managed.
- Data structures are easily translated into terms everyone can understand.
- Support for star schemas within SAS LASR Analytic Server. They can then be used for reporting or exploration just like other tables.
- User authentication and information authorization supports data governance.
- Data is loaded to in-memory servers based on volume, frequency of updates and scalability needs.
- Traditional on-premises deployments:
- Single server with support for Windows servers is appropriate for small to midsize organizations.
- The distributed mode is easily expandable to support growing data demands (on either database appliances or commodity hardware).
- Cloud deployments:
- Public cloud providers, including Amazon EC2 Web Services.
- Your own private cloud and/or virtualized data centers.
- The SAS Cloud.
- SAS Solutions OnDemand:
- Provides a customized experience with SAS Solutions OnDemand for private hosted cloud services.